To promote the enjoyment of pork dishes over the Easter period (when there is a lot of entertaining), a digital campaign with 12 short SA Pork cooking videos was flighted on the social media platforms of 24.com. Here’s a short summary of the campaign report:
• 468 210 people saw these pork advertisements.
• 35% of people who saw it clicked through to watch the videos. (The digital advertising industry benchmark for social media advertising is between 5% and 8%.)
• Johannesburg and Cape Town generated the most viewing traffic.
• The most popular video was the pork shank bredie, followed by the video for pork neck steaks with herb butter.
• The most video views took place on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
• The best performing channels were 24.com and Fin24.
“Maybe more men showed off their cooking repertoire during Easter this year to give the ladies a break,” says Marieta Human, SAPPO’s marketing manager.
The South African Pork Producers’ Organisation (SAPPO) coordinates industry interventions and collaboratively manages risks in the value chain to enable the sustainability and profitability of pork producers in South Africa.