On Wednesday 1 December, SA Pork hosted a year-end luncheon in Cape Town to thank our media partners for their commitment and partnership in promoting pork in the media throughout the year. The celebrations were held at Urban Playground where Chef Peter prepared four delicious courses, with local fresh pork taking centre stage on each plate. Each course was paired with magical Pinot Noir wines, carefully selected and presented by Heidi Domini, head of the Cape Wine Academy.
The lunch was thoroughly enjoyed by all guests, concluding with each guest receiving a cooler bag hamper filled with a 3 kg deboned gammon and an array of dried and cured pork meats.
Special thanks to the following teams who helped ensure a successful SA Pork media luncheon:
- Chef Peter, Debbie, Byron, and their team for the wonderful venue and the delicious meals;
- Heidi ‘edutaining’ us with pairing pork and pinot,
- Simone Ramage from XL Events for their décor and finer finishing touches
- Alex Pasjar from Winelands Pork for sponsoring the gammon
- Brad Mockford from The Flying Pig for supplying the various pork goodies, including bacon biscuits, sliced pork biltong, crackling, pork droëwors, pork chili bites, and cabanossi.