To promote the enjoyment of pork dishes over the Easter period (when there is a lot of entertaining), a digital campaign with 12 short SA Pork cooking videos was flighted on the social media platforms of 24.com. Here’s a short summary of the campaign report:
• 468 210 people saw these pork advertisements.
• 35% of people who saw it clicked through to watch the videos. (The digital advertising industry benchmark for social media advertising is between 5% and 8%.)
• Johannesburg and Cape Town generated the most viewing traffic.
• The most popular video was the pork shank bredie, followed by the video for pork neck steaks with herb butter.
• The most video views took place on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
• The best performing channels were 24.com and Fin24.
“Maybe more men showed off their cooking repertoire during Easter this year to give the ladies a break,” says Marieta Human, SAPPO’s marketing manager.